Saturday, September 17th, 2022
picture
Shortly before 1400hrs, E9 and E21 were dispatched to the southbound lanes of Route 1 near Timber Lane for a reported vehicle fire. Chief and Deputy 21 arrived with a well involved vehicle. Crews made...
Tuesday, August 30th, 2022
picture
While PFC members were performing the monthly equipment checks, Local Box 9-51 was dispatched to the area of the 1200 block of Arbutus Avenue. Engine 9 arrived with a high tension line on the ground ...
Monday, July 25th, 2022
picture
Box 21-90 was transmitted around 2220hrs for a reported outbuilding fire with the nursing home as an exposure. Deputy and Tower 21 arrived with a storage shed on fire with another storage shed as an ...
Sunday, July 17th, 2022
picture
Crews were dispatched for a reported shed fire in the 200 block of Bluebell Avenue just after 2200hrs. Deputy 9 arrived and reported that the homeowner had used a garden hose to contain the fire. Th...
Sunday, October 9th, 2022
picture
Fire Prevention Week is October 9-15 this year. This years theme is making an escape plan. It is important for everyone to plan and practice a home fire escape. Everyone needs to be prepared in adva...
Sunday, September 11th, 2022
picture
On this 21st Anniversary of 9/11, our thoughts go out to those who were lost on that fateful day as well as those who were lost in the years following. #NeverForget
Tuesday, August 2nd, 2022
picture
PFC members participated once again in this year's National Night Out, hosted by the Middletown Township Police Department. Rescue 9 was on display for the public to get a close up look. Crews f...
Thank You to the crew of the Getting Salty Experience podcast for reaching out and letting Past Chief Lyle Winters appear on an episode featuring the history of the Hurst tool. It was Chief Winters&#...
Consumer Product Safety Commission recalls

The surface paint on the tan side panels of the desks and storage units contains levels of lead that exceed the federal lead paint ban, posing a lead poisoning hazard. Lead is toxic if ingested by young children and can cause adverse health effects.

The recalled stove's gas regulator can have a tear in the seal causing a gas leak, posing a fire hazard.

The rubber straps that fasten the bicycle bag to the bicycle can break causing the bag to come loose and fall, posing crash hazard and injury hazards to the rider. 

The paint can chip on the bottom of the recalled kettles, posing a fire hazard. In addition, the handle can break and/or the spout can leak, posing a risk of burn injuries.

Young children can become entrapped in the space between the exterior landing (hoistway) door and the interior elevator car door or gate if there is a hazardous gap between the doors and suffer serious injuries or death when the elevator is called to another floor.

The space between the second rung of the bed's ladder and the lower bunk frame is wider than 3.5 inches, posing an entrapment hazard to children, when the mattress is removed.   

The PTV's steering knuckles and A-arms can break during or after an impact and cause loss of steering control, posing crash and injury hazards.

The chargers can overheat, posing a fire hazard to consumers.

The latching button can dislodge and detach from the cabinet latches, posing a choking hazard to young children.

Young children can become entrapped in the space between the exterior landing (hoistway) door and the interior elevator car door or gate if there is a hazardous gap and suffer serious injuries or death when the elevator is called to another floor.

Improperly installed rear brake lines can cause brake fluid to leak and reduce vehicle control, posing crash and injury hazards. 

 

The crystals on the hairclip contain levels of lead that exceed the federal lead content ban. Lead is toxic if ingested by young children and can cause adverse health issues.

The recalled bracket arms, attached to bicycle handlebars, can crack or break during use, causing the harness and gear to fall while the bicycle is in motion, posing a crash and injury hazards.  

The battery pack can overheat while charging, posing a fire hazard to consumers. 

 

The space between the fourth ladder step and the cross-member of the hutch of the bunk bed is wider than 3.5 inches, posing entrapment and strangulation hazards.  

 

The recalled drain covers do not conform to the entrapment protection standards of the Virginia Graeme Baker Pool and Spa Safety Act (VGBA), posing an entrapment hazard to swimmers and bathers.

The recalled drain covers do not conform to the entrapment protection standards of the Virginia Graeme Baker Pool and Spa Safety Act (VGBA), posing an entrapment hazard to swimmers and bathers.

The recalled drain covers do not conform to the entrapment protection standards of the Virginia Graeme Baker Pool and Spa Safety Act (VGBA), posing an entrapment hazard to swimmers and bathers.

The recalled drain covers do not conform to the entrapment protection standards of the Virginia Graeme Baker Pool and Spa Safety Act (VGBA), posing an entrapment hazard to swimmers and bathers.

 

The coffee cup can crack or break when hot liquid is poured into it, posing a burn hazard.  

Welds in the arm attaching the backboard to the pole can fail and cause the backboard to fall, posing an impact injury hazard to consumers.

The recalled lights can overheat during use, posing a burn hazard.

The parking brake on the strollers can fail, posing fall and injury hazards to children. 

The handlebars on the bicycles can slip in the stem and cause the rider to lose control, posing a fall hazard.  

Children can become entrapped in the space between the exterior hoistway door and the elevator car door or gate and suffer serious injury or death if the elevator is called to another floor.

The wall beds can break or detach from the wall and fall onto those nearby, posing serious impact and crush hazards.

Under pressure, one or more of the climbing stick's steps can crack causing them to break, posing fall and injury hazards to users. 

Pieces of glass can be found in some of the recalled jars, posing a laceration hazard to consumers.

The AAA alkaline batteries included in the recalled HearMuffs can rupture, posing hearing, projectile and/or burn injury. 

The mower blade can detach unexpectedly, posing a laceration hazard.

The hanging chair can tip or fall over or the metal hook or chain suspending the chair can break when a consumer is seated in the chair, posing a fall hazard.  

The stroller's rear disc brakes have openings that can cause amputation or laceration if a non-occupant child's fingertip gets caught in the openings while the stroller is in use.

The bath seats fail to meet the federal safety standard for infant bath seats, including requirements for stability and leg openings, and can tip over while in use, posing a drowning hazard to babies.

The inner layer of the recalled sandals contains levels of lead that exceed the federal lead content ban. Lead is toxic if ingested by young children and can cause adverse health issues.

The paddle can suddenly break mid-shaft into two pieces during use, exposing sharp edges and posing a risk of serious injury including puncture or laceration hazards.

The primary (drive) clutch bolt can break, causing the clutch assembly components to separate, creating a projectile risk and posing an injury hazard to consumers.

When attached to a crib, a protruding knob on the activity desks can become entangled with clothing on a child, posing an entanglement hazard. The opening in the handle on the desks can also pose a jaw entrapment hazard to children under 18 months.  

The brass water tap of the play kitchen contains levels of lead that exceed the federal lead content ban.  Lead is toxic if ingested by young children and can cause adverse health issues.

The bicycle's carbon handlebars can crack, posing fall and crash hazards. 

The ride-on toy can tip forward when a young child is riding it, posing fall and injury hazards to children.


© 2022 Parkland Fire Company